***Springfield, Jax Membership Currently Full***
To be notified when we have openings in your neighborhood, sign up here.
To pilot, to experiment and iterate towards a neighborhood farm model that is community-contributing and financially viable in order that it can serve as the template for a networked chain of cafe-market-farms spanning the Deep South. We'll start in my backyard, and I invite you, I welcome you on this journey of collaborative discovery. May we grow it together.
How it works: The Biz Idea
- Overalls Farm offers a UPick membership. It’s like Netflix except: neighborhood-fresh produce instead of movies. We keep at least 20 varieties growing at all times, so you can harvest whatever you want, whenever you want it, seven days a week. Just stroll in to pick up what you want for dinner tonight. Talk about fresh!
- Anything with a sign is ready to be harvested, & all signs have harvest instructions.
- The idea is to minimize the "hustle & headaches" of the local food economy: less wasted time & risk of unsold product for farmers so we can focus on growing; cost savings; premium freshness + a chance to truly "see where your food comes from" for members.
- It's all about community, so members can host their own community-building events for free.
Membership (Currently Full)
- To be notified when we have openings in your neighborhood, sign up here.
- Our pilot, Overalls Farm #1 is located in & limited to Springfield, Jax neighbors**
- +++ Includes daylight access for you & your visitors plus first dibs on space for special events+++
- - -
From Corner Stores to Neighborhood Farms
Imagine this: in the heart of every neighborhood across the deep south, you'd find your neighborhood farm, managed by your neighborhood farmers. By neighbors, for neighbors. No more than an acre, you'd walk out in the center of what would feel like a beautifully bountiful community garden. In the center, you'd find a patio seating area. Think Paris meets picnic. Glancing around, you'd see a walk-up-window cafe where you could order a farm fresh smoothie or full meal and a micro grocery where you could buy your essentials: milk, eggs, bread. The cafe patio, at other times, would play host to cooking and gardening workshops. Think of it as a one-stop-food-shop. Whether you want farm fresh veggies, prepared food, groceries, or education & supplies to grow your groceries, your neighborhood farm would be the place to go.
To learn more about our Overalls Farm uPick biz model, click here.
For more on the big dream, click here.
- - -
If you would like to receive Man in Overalls' "semi-monthly" updates, which include stories, tips about how to #GrowYourGroceries, and occasional dreams for a good food future please click here.