unlimited urban uPick
Harvest whatever you want, whenever you want. There's no check-out. Just freely-available seasonal abundance for our members.
Want a farm in your neighborhood?
To plant & tend seeds of a network of community-contributing and economically-viable neighborhood farms spanning the Deep South. Instead of corner stores, corner farms. We started in our literal backyard in 2018, and, now, we invite you, we welcome you on this journey of bountiful and neighborly discovery as we learn & grow from here.
How it works: The Biz Idea
- Overalls Farm offers a UPick membership. It’s like Netflix except: neighborhood-fresh produce instead of movies. We keep at least 20 varieties growing at all times, so you can harvest whatever you want, whenever you want it, seven days a week. Just stroll in to pick up what you want for dinner tonight. Talk about fresh!
- Anything with a sign is ready to be harvested, & all signs have harvest instructions.
- The idea is to minimize the "hustle & headaches" of the local food economy: less wasted time & risk of unsold product for farmers so we can focus on growing; cost savings; premium freshness + a chance to truly "see where your food comes from" for members.
- It's all about community, so members can host their own community-building events for free.
Membership (Currently Full)
- To be notified when we have openings in your neighborhood, sign up here.
- For now, Overalls Farm locations are in & limited to Springfield neighbors, but that will, soon, not be the case.
- Farm membership Includes daylight access for you & your visitors first dibs on space for special events.
- - -
From Corner Stores to Neighborhood Farms
Imagine this: in the heart of every neighborhood across the deep south, you'd find your neighborhood farm, managed by your neighborhood farmers. By neighbors, for neighbors. No more than an acre, you'd walk out in the center of what would feel like a beautifully bountiful community garden. In the center, you'd find a patio seating area. Think Paris meets picnic. Glancing around, you'd see a walk-up-window cafe where you could order a farm fresh meal (or smoothie) and a micro grocery where you could buy your essentials: milk, eggs, bread. The cafe patio, at other times, would play host to cooking and gardening workshops. Think of it as a one-stop-food-shop. Whether you want farm fresh veggies, prepared food, groceries, or education & supplies to grow your groceries, your neighborhood farm would be the place to go.
Growing and LearningIn partnership with Feeding Northeast Florida, we're working to
- replicate our uPick model in low-income communities to provide health food access
- accept SNAP/EBT for farm memberships
In collaboration with communities with long wait lists, we're looking for...
- neighborhood farm locations, which we evaluate based on... size (at least 1/8 acre), sunlight (6-8hours minimum, year-round), affordability, minimum 5-6 year lease, being IN a neighborhood, whether the location has any useful fencing, how much site prep will be required, and minimal hazards (flood risk, etc)
- agriculturally experienced, dedicated, quick-learning team members.
- - -
More Info & Details
For more on the big dream, click here.
To learn more about our Overalls Farm uPick biz model, click here.
Springfield neighbors, join us in our neighbors only FB Farm Group.
To inquire about hosting a small, intimate event, contact us.
If you want to "do this" in your yard, learn how we can help.
If you want our Overalls Magic Mix, order here.
If you're a farm member looking for the payments page: here it is.